Insights and Resources
Retirement Planning: Making the Most of Your Money
ARTICLE | March 09, 2023
- About 26% of non-retired individuals in the US have no retirement savings.
- It is important to plan for retirement so that, when the time comes, you’ll be financially stable.
- Determine what age you plan to retire at and consider that alongside your current age.
- Estimate how much you plan to spend in retirement and account for unexpected expenses.
- Calculate an after-tax rate of investment returns to determine the feasibility of your portfolio in producing the income you need.
- Consider your risk tolerance versus investment goals.
- Think about estate planning and involve accountants and lawyers if needed.
Questions this article answers:
1. What percentage of non-retired individuals in the US have no retirement savings?
According to a 2018 survey from the Federal Reserve Board, approximately 30% of non-retired individuals in the US have no retirement savings.
2. What are some important aspects of retirement planning?
3. How can I calculate my retirement spending needs?
4. What rate of return should I expect before taxes?
5. How can I determine my risk tolerance vs investment goals?
6. What is estate planning and how can I do it?
1. What is the importance of retirement planning?
2. What are the top five tips for staying consistent and on-track with retirement planning?
3. How can I automate my contributions?
4. How can I assess the contribution amount?
5. What are the benefits of contributing to an employer’s plan?
6. Why should I not touch my savings before retirement?
7. How can I find professional help for retirement planning?
Call us at +1 213.873.1700, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below and we'll contact you to discuss your specific situation.